Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Beider
Dear community, could you please explain, while calculating the planetary frequencies, why do we neglect the fact of taking for reference angular velocity (radians per second ωHz)? Yes, of course, one full rotation could be considered as one full cycle but is it really the same when we talk about sound frequencies. The "ordinary" frequency's value would be smaller than the radiant frequency's value by 2π.
Please help me to understand 😉

Guy,

Good question, however I think it's posted in the wrong thread as this is the 432 thread.

(And I apologize for not checking in here in over a month....have been distracted....)

In regard to your question, I think at least several facts are neglected when calculating "planetary frequencies".

 

(I'll move your question to the appropriate thread, if I can figure out how to do that!)

 


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
Guy Beider

Avatar / Picture

Consciousness Activator
Registered:
Posts: 20
Reply with quote  #32 
Thank you
0
Deva Alchi

Sonic Inquirer
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #33 
Hi everybody ,

I had so many instruments in 440hs and many other in 432hz and when I am doing individuals sessions starting in 440hz and finish in 432hz I can feel and check at the end with the clients that they love and feel many pther things on the end tunner in 432hz.
Aslo you can check this interesting test That I found very important to read.

Thank you and sound blessed .

http://www.sacred-geometry.es/?q=en/content/concert-pitch-a432-and-c128
0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #34 

Hello Deva,

Thank you for your post and I appreciate your participation here. 
So, I don't want to discourage you from further participation, and I don't want you to take this personally, but that article you have linked is an example of the sort of load of invented nonsense that this website was created to be a conscious and informed alternative too.

Much of Maria Renold's research and conclusions are simply not repeatable with any sort of measured and controlled study.
This statement is an example of the nonsense:
"She reiteratively observed that the intervals and tones become antisocial, and indeed cause people to provoke one another when the concert pitch A=440Hz is used. On the other hand, intervals and tones have a beautiful, pleasant and harmonic effect on the human being when tuned to A=432Hz. ... These findings show that tones of certain frequencies hide characteristic qualities which can have major effects on human beings."

I've spent so much time on this subject that I really have little time or patience to go into it yet again, but the idea that "intervals and tones become antisocial, and indeed cause people to provoke one another" when in 440Hz is beyond laughable it is so absurd and without merit or basis. 

I hesitate to say that Renold had an agenda (though I suspect she did), or made up her "evidence", or was clueless, or extremely biased in her methods, etc.... I really don't know anything about how she conducted her research or her personal intent, but plenty of other people's research, including my own - as well as any clear seeing unbiased observation of nature, refutes her statements.

Quite simply, we do NOT live in a "cycles per second" world and as such there are no numbers associated with any pitch in the reality of sound. Yes, there are numbers in terms of harmonic relationships, but that is not pitch dependent. There is no frequency of any given tone, where that exact same tone is magical at 432 and damaging at 440. Where does the transistion occur - at 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438 or 439?  Is it a gradual transition or a specific one? I've never seen one single 432 proponent ever address this (except sort of in the Steiner quote below where he seems to think 432 somehow stands midway between evil forces). If it is specific then maybe it happens at 436.731Hz, because we must also remember that in reality there is not any cycles per second whole number stepping - and again, in reality there are not any numbers associated with vibrations in the actuality of their existence.

Someone did a research project not that long ago (and I wish I still had the link to it) in which people were presented with the same piece of music tuned in 440 and 432; also paired in 448 and 440; also paired in 432 and 424. In all cases, all respondents prefered the lower pitch. Side by side, perceiving the music in relative relation, everyone found the lower pitch to be prefered. It had nothing to do with 432 or 440. 
Why was this?
Just a personal theory:
Humans in Europe spent most of the 18th and 19th centuries more or less raising the pitch standard because it made instruments and orchestras sound better and brighter and louder. Yes, this "better" is subjective, however there was enough agreement among musicians for it to be a collective trend. The resistance came from vocalists. In the 18th and 19th centuries there was quite a lot less machinery, crowded highways, noisy subways, gas powered lawn mowers, TV's blaring, muzak being piped in nearly all public locations etc - in fact most of these disturbances were non-existent. Therefore the increased stimulus of higher pitched brighter instrumentation received significant appeal - and was not something everyone was subjected to for their entire waking lives.
Now, with the noise and stress of latter 20th century/21st century, including all of those previously mentioned intrusions and so much more, the relative perception of sound with a little less tension, a little less brightness, i.e. a little more relaxed, has a tendency among some people to feel more desireable.

Btw, Maria Renold did not invent Twelve 5ths tuning. I don't recall what, if anything, is different about her version of it than what Pythagoras was working with. Does anyone know?

Also. Renold was a Steiner follower. Rudolph Steiner had some great ideas but also some ridiculous ones.
This from an essay on someone's website:
"The Maria Renold system of twelve true fifths allows for a maximum amount of natural intervals which creates a higher sonerous oscillation field of resonance. This tuning naturally balances out the luciferic rise in brightness in the upper register between 440hz and 449Hz of music and the decending lower realms of arhimanic selfish tones below 427Hz, leaving 432Hz as the great balancing christ force in the consciousness of humanity according to Rudolph Steiner."

Ah yes.... that luciferic rise in brightness, and those arhimanic (ahrimanic) selfish tones! So any tones below 427Hz ally with the forces of anger, greed, darkness and evil??? "432Hz as the great balancing christ force in the consciousness of humanity"??  (Remember, Mozart's tuning fork measures at 421.6Hz... and we all know what a force of anger, greed darkness and evil he was..... [rolleyes]  )

 

Deva, again, know that none of this is aimed at you personally.


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
Johnetone

Avatar / Picture

Prolific Vibrational Instigator
Registered:
Posts: 45
Reply with quote  #35 
Interestingly, Mozart was pretty foul-mouthed, and had a sickening sense of humor! So maybe if he had a higher pitched tuning fork he would've lived longer and been less foul?  [confused] 
0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #36 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnetone
Interestingly, Mozart was pretty foul-mouthed, and had a sickening sense of humor! So maybe if he had a higher pitched tuning fork he would've lived longer and been less foul?  [confused] 

Ummm...yes, very insightful - great deductive reasoning there, John! [wink]


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #37 

This comment was posted this morning on another forum's 432Hz discussion page:

"I tuned my guitar to 666hz and an evil force appeared and snapped my guitar string."

(Just sharing it here as a public service announcement. Note that 666Hz is the perfect 5th of A=444Hz,
thus it can be concluded that the European concert tuning of A=444Hz is inherently evil.) [eek][eek][cool][wink]


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
Johnetone

Avatar / Picture

Prolific Vibrational Instigator
Registered:
Posts: 45
Reply with quote  #38 
In the mood for a good chuckle and/or deep feelings of revulsion? Take a trip over to 432hzdotcom! 

 
0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #39 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnetone
In the mood for a good chuckle and/or deep feelings of revulsion? Take a trip over to 432hzdotcom! 
 


In time, John. 

When I'm feeling stronger and more capable of handling the revulsion..... [frown][eek][eek]


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
VibrationalVoyager

Sonic Inquirer
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #40 

Thank you for that detailed explanation, Rich. I just "discovered" you after signing on to the Art & Science of Sound Healing podcast and hearing your interview. By the way, the link you provided about the 2020 Omega workshop takes you to your 2019 workshop.

0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrationalVoyager

Thank you for that detailed explanation, Rich. I just "discovered" you after signing on to the Art & Science of Sound Healing podcast and hearing your interview. By the way, the link you provided about the 2020 Omega workshop takes you to your 2019 workshop.

Thank you VV!
(Do I know you by name at the A&S page?)

That was a long interview.... I hope it didn't put you to sleep! [smile]

If you are referring to the link in my signature here, I just updated it - thank you for letting me know. And welcome to The Sound Healing Forum!! Not a very active place these days but a lot of good information on file here, and we always welcome good engagement.


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
KarinaF

Sonic Inquirer
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #42 
Hi Rich,

my name is Karina and I´m from Austria and just finished my studies to become a soundhealing practitioner. Im new to the field so im looking into the Hz-chaos worldwide as well! Online people debate about historical and mathematical facts. FOR ME, MAINLY THE EXPERIENCE COUNTS. we can argue but did any of you guys try it? What these frequencies do to you? What you feel, see...

There is this Mr. Baehr in Witzenhausen in Germany, he is teaching soundhealing with monochord-based instruments. He builds them with his crew by hand and invented a beautiful hanging sound cradle as well. He taught us two settings: 438Hz (better taken by the body) and 432hz (for in fact more cosmic experiences). Mr. Baehr has about 30 years of research experience and thats what he came up with. His research is done on the people and what they said and what they experienced in the healing session, with a particular tone or frequency. Im not into to all that crazy Cousto and mathematical stuff. Actually it just confuses me and takes away the reason/intention I have in giving soundhealing. I something very beautiful and...

ITS ABOUT WHATS BEST FOR THE PERSON WHO IS RECEIVING IT

During training we went deeply into EXPERIENCING THE SOUNDS and not into the mathematical side of it. That means really what does a 438 Hz healing session do or what happens if a tone is played at 432Hz.  I find it quite a different experience. We went even deeper in playing different frequencies...

I recall the frequency of 68hz at 432Hz. Its a C# excact. The monochord was placed on my body and played for me by a fellow student. My experience was rather mind-blowing. I felt like a soul looking out into the univers, like into eternity. Mr. Baehr said this frequency isnt for everybody. some people get scared...on the other hand 438hz is still keeping you in your bodily experiences so to speak...

We never tried any other setting. Should try 440Hz or 430Hz if there is a difference...

The more i research online the more i find out that its best to feel it what it does than to fight over who is right...


Haha, funny just realised I´m talking to a pro...lovely




0
RichG

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 268
Reply with quote  #43 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinaF
Hi Rich,

my name is Karina and I´m from Austria and just finished my studies to become a soundhealing practitioner. Im new to the field so im looking into the Hz-chaos worldwide as well! Online people debate about historical and mathematical facts. FOR ME, MAINLY THE EXPERIENCE COUNTS. we can argue but did any of you guys try it? What these frequencies do to you? What you feel, see...

There is this Mr. Baehr in Witzenhausen in Germany, he is teaching soundhealing with monochord-based instruments. He builds them with his crew by hand and invented a beautiful hanging sound cradle as well. He taught us two settings: 438Hz (better taken by the body) and 432hz (for in fact more cosmic experiences). Mr. Baehr has about 30 years of research experience and thats what he came up with. His research is done on the people and what they said and what they experienced in the healing session, with a particular tone or frequency. Im not into to all that crazy Cousto and mathematical stuff. Actually it just confuses me and takes away the reason/intention I have in giving soundhealing. I something very beautiful and...

ITS ABOUT WHATS BEST FOR THE PERSON WHO IS RECEIVING IT

During training we went deeply into EXPERIENCING THE SOUNDS and not into the mathematical side of it. That means really what does a 438 Hz healing session do or what happens if a tone is played at 432Hz.  I find it quite a different experience. We went even deeper in playing different frequencies...

I recall the frequency of 68hz at 432Hz. Its a C# excact. The monochord was placed on my body and played for me by a fellow student. My experience was rather mind-blowing. I felt like a soul looking out into the univers, like into eternity. Mr. Baehr said this frequency isnt for everybody. some people get scared...on the other hand 438hz is still keeping you in your bodily experiences so to speak...

We never tried any other setting. Should try 440Hz or 430Hz if there is a difference...

The more i research online the more i find out that its best to feel it what it does than to fight over who is right...

Haha, funny just realised I´m talking to a pro...lovely

Hi Karina,

Thank you for your message. Sorry I haven't responded until now, have been distracted by life's events.

I think you answer your own questions and are on the right track when you say "the more i find out that its best to feel it what it does" and "FOR ME, MAINLY THE EXPERIENCE COUNTS."

Yes, I am not a believer in the superiority of any particular frequencies. And one should also try 440Hz, 430, 433, 442, 435, 439, 422 etc.... before deciding that 432 and 438 are special!

Of course though, noticeably higher or lower tunings will in fact feel different, particularly when a monochord is lying directly on your body.

Thanks again and thank you for visiting and joing this forum!
We don't post often these days, but there is a lot of good information here.

Have a good day,
Rich

PS - Very important to know: There is NOT 432 of anything happening in a 432Hz tone! And this of course applies to all frequencies - the numbers are a "name tag" but they don't reflect any reality of the sound.


__________________

[2020-GOODHART-OMEGA-Banner_001_72smaller] 
Sound Medicine Expansive Weekend Retreat!!
at the Omega Institute - Coming again September 25 -27, 2020!!

Please consider joining us!!!
For description and registration info:
http://www.richgoodhart.com/omega2020.php

 

Rich Goodhart
http://www.richgoodhart.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich-Goodhart-Music-118609091489499/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3EDI7L60GcsDD7Ab1fdDMw

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.